Hidden Ogre Couching Tiger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay

2 posters

Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty PC#1 - Tychus Findlay

Post  HohohoPIMP Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Tychus Findlay
also called Tychus Juicehead by some, due to his unmatched love for Ale.

Race: Human
Sex: Male
Family: Father - In Distance / Sister - Gone / Mother - Dead
Appearance: Μαύρα, μακριά ως τους ώμους, μονίμως μπλεγμένα. Αραιό μούσι που ενώνεται με τις φαβορίτες του. Καφέ μάτια, την περισσότερη ώρα βαριεστημένα μισόκλειστα κάτω από τα μαύρα φρίδια του. Ύψος γύρω στο 1,85 και αρκετά γεροδεμένος, ανοιχτές πλάτες και χοντρά μπράτσα. Πάντα ελαφρά ντυμένος when off-duty. Χαρακτηριστικό το σημάδι σαγωνιού λίγο πάνω από τον αριστερό καρπό του, ενθύμιο από το τελευταίο mission του Training, όταν ένας λύκος αποφάσισε να αποτυπώσει την οδοντοστιχία του πάνε στη σάρκα του Tychus, ξεριζόνοντας σχετικά μεγάλο κομμάτι κρέατος. With a bit of P2's help, he got what he deserved.

Last edited by HohohoPIMP on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

HohohoPIMP
Admin

https://orins-tavern.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty Re: PC#1 - Tychus Findlay

Post  HohohoPIMP Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:06 pm

DM strosou kai grafe setting kai ase tous PCs kai tis ilikies tous e!!!

Katapatisi Dikaiomaton Prosopikou Xorou dimiourgias tou Player, den ginetai apodekti!!!

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty Tychus Findlay

Post  Gorgoroth Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Born in the second layer of Malron, Tychus's mother died on birth. The burden of supporting him and his older sister Cedany (six years older) fell on his father Hendry. He was a butcher and could barely feed three mouths. Luckily for the Findlay family, Cedany presented signs of magic when she was eight years old. Hendry reported his to the palace and received a very healthy reward. Cedany was invited to the university and was offered a place of residence in the third layer which she accepted.

The money that Hendry received offered the opportunity of an early retirement, when Tychus was three years old Henry decided to shell his butcher shop and focus on his son. Henry was not an illiterate man and taught Tychus how to read and write. He also taught Tychus how to hunt; frequently the two of them would leave for a hunting trip in the near forest just outside of the city wall. It was there that Tychus first came in contact with arrows and daggers. It was evident from the first moment that the boy was extremely talented and Henry did his best to teach him as good as he could.

Cedany visited the family once every two months and it was always a cause for celebration in the Findlay house. She was a very pretty young girl and Tychus, accustomed to a simple life style, was always impressed by his sister’s appearance and attitude. He has been told that Cedany was a sorceress, and indeed when the three of them where behind closed doors Cedany would perform a couple of magic tricks that always impressed Tychus and Hendry.

Two weeks before Tychu’s 8th birthday, a representative of the palace came in Henry’s house and offered Tychus a place of residence in the third layer (Tell me how you felt about that). Whatever doubts Tychus had, slowly disappeared with the encouragement of his father and sister. So Tychu’s 8th birthday was the last day he spent living with his father. The day after his birthday Tychus moved in his new home, the palace of Malron.

In the palace, Tychus received the finest education and military training (+2 in all local knowledge’s, +2 in survival checks, + 1 base attack bonus, +1 bonus language if only one). He spent the next five years his life training in hand to hand combat and becoming proficient with weapons. Tychus was not training with the royal guard though; he had a personal mentor called Argoth (NPCs). Argoth was in fact the palace representative that offered Tychus residence in the third layer.

Although Tychus new the names of all the people that he interacted with his social circle was limited to his sister Cedany and his mentor Argoth. These two slowly became Tychus’s new family. Once every two months Tychus and Cedany went to visit Henry in the second layer. Henry had received a second healthy reward for Tychus and had opened a quite popular tavern. He was always happy to see them and very proud of both of them.

By the time Tychus finished his 5th year of training, it was apparent that his sister Cedany was one of the most talented sorceresses of her age. Tychus started going to supervised missions outside of the city. He went with his Argoth, Cedany and a son of a nobleman currently called P2 (o poustis den mporei na skeutei ena gamimeno onoma). P2 was also a trainee just one year older than Tychus.
After a year of supervised missions P2 slowly became part of the team. On Tychus’s 15th birthday, Argoth told him that he was about to undertake the last supervised mission of his training. Two days after Tychus’s birthday the four of them started a long journey toward Gala Kulamad (the kingdom of dwarves). Their mission was to deliver a package to king Eohe. So they sailed from Malron to Nullport (see setting) and after spending two days there to admire the populated port they began their journey toward Gala Kulamad. The needed almost two and a half months to reach the dwarven boarders. On the way they had to fight all sorts of wild animals and creatures, find ways to survive in difficult conditions, search for their food, find safe places to sleep, avoid poisonous fruits and insects. The presence of Cedany and Argoth was as discrete as possible; they were only shadowing the whole mission to make sure that nothing will go wrong.

Gala Kulamad was a unique experience (see setting). The dwarven king Eohe ordered a huge feast for the visitors. The quality of the beer in conjunction with the dwarven hospitality and the exhaustion of the journey made it impossible for the whole party to remain sober. The next morning Tychus found a letter from his sister.

“I have decided to leave, I want to travel the world, meat new creatures and experience different places. I was afraid that if I told you in person you would try to stop me or even come with me. I need to do this alone, this is my own adventure and I’d rather die in the wild that live in a cage.
You have a bright future in Malron and this is where you should be little brother. So farewell and in the years to come we will meet again…
Love Cedany”

After a two month journey back home, Tychus, P2 and Argoth arrived at Nullport and sailed back to Malron. Another unpleasant surprise awaited them in Malron as P2’s father (only close relative) had passed away (I suppose at that point P2 and Tychus started growing very close… correct me if I am wrong).

Tychus and P2 started leaving for missions together. Furthermore P2 has assumed some of his father duties as noble. Although he was not legally old enough to assume all rights of nobility and have a seat in the noble’s council (he was not 21 yet). Tychus had therefore accompanied P2 many times in diplomatic trips to the Khalistaran kingdom. Together they travelled to Khalistaran seven times within a two year period.

Argoth had assigned a couple of young trainees for the royal army to Tychus and started teaching Tychus how to handle a squad of men. Little before Tychus’s 18th birthday word came the palace that a savage tribe consisting of Orcs and Goblins was raiding the villages of Malronsoar. Tychus offered to investigate; he was given 20 men of the town army. Tychus, his squad and P2 went on to a reckon mission which end up in what seem to be a hopeless battle. At the end of the battle the tribe had disappeared but only two men were standing, Tychus and P2. When he returned to the palace Tychus was offered an award for his bravery and services from the king (did you accept?).
For the last one and a half years you are frequently given missions (for example the court alchemist recently needed the heart of a wereboar to complete some potions). You do not have a named position in the army but you are virtually free to take with you as many men as you like. P2 often comes with you in this type of missions and frequently asks you to accompany him in diplomatic trips. The palace awards you very generously for your services.

1. Have you bought a home in another layer? Where you stay, you are welcome in the palace?
2. Your father is still alive (and owns his tavern). Do you still keep in touch, what is your relationship?
3. Have you asked Argoth about your sister? If yes, when and what?
4. What is your gear?
5. Any girls?
6. Describe your mindset and your ambitions or goals; have you discussed them with anyone?
7. What else would like to know?

starting level: 5

-- enjoy

Gorgoroth

Back to top Go down

Post  HohohoPIMP Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Hmm, ok με βγάζεις λίγο εκτός αυτών που είχα κατά νου, αλλά i'll play along καθώς είναι ξεκάθαρο ότι ξέρεις που το πας, και το setting φαίνεται πολύ καλοστημένο. So:

1. Have you bought a home in another layer? Where you stay, you are welcome in the palace?
Όχι, υλικά αγαθά τύπου "Σπίτι" δεν μου λένε τίποτα. Δεν θα ξόδευα ποτέ λεφτά σε κάτι τέτοιο. Μένω σε Inn, σίγουρα, καθώς - ελπίζω να μπορέσω να stick to this initial plan of mine - ο Tychus είναι heavy drinker. Whenever there's no mission or training, there's no better way to spend his time than drink @ the Inn (πες μου σε ποιό μένω). Σχεδόν επίπεδα αλκοολικού.

2. Your father is still alive (and owns his tavern). Do you still keep in touch, what is your relationship?
Η σχέση μας τελευταία χρόνια έχει χειροτερέψει αρκετά. Πάντα θα υπάρξει ο καλός λόγος και από τις δύο πλευρές, και προφανώς υπάρχει "αγάπη", αλλά Tychus's father - although still very proud of his son - has grown tired of his drinking, οπότε κρατάνε μία απόσταση. Σκέψου ότι βλεπόμαστε μία φορά ανά 2-4 μήνες, λέμε 5 κουβέντες, αγγαλιές, φιλιά και γειά σας.

3. Have you asked Argoth about your sister? If yes, when and what?
Nope. Το γεγονός του ότι την έκανε μου φάνηκε τελείως παράξενο και ανούσιο. Δεν καταλαβαίνω τι παραπάνω μπορεί κανείς να θέλει από αυτά που μας προσφέρει απλόχερα το Malron. Ωστώσο, θεώρησα ότι το καλύτερο που μπορώ να κάνω για αυτήν είναι let her be, and try as much as i can so that other people won't stick their nose in her business. I know for sure, that it would annoy me like hell. I asked no questions, I gave no answers either.

4. What is your gear?
Εξαρτάται πάρα πολύ από τα ζάρια δυστυχώς.... Είμαι ανάμεσα σε 2 Builds, αν έχω 15+ Dexterity θα πάρω το ένα, αλλιώς το 2ο. Preferably - δηλαδή αν έχω 15+ DEX - θα έχω:
- 2x Bastard Swords (one in each hand)
- 5x Throwing Axe's
- Banded Mail or Half-Plate or Full-Plate από Main-Armor, σίγουρα μία Leather or Studded Leather για every-day usage.
- No shield, thanks
- Τώρα τι παίζει από masterwork / magic (?) δώσε ότι νομίζεις - don't care much.

5. Any girls?
Many girls. Tychus is well known for not exactly treating women right. He has never had any kind of loyal relationship - he simply never cared enough for any girl's feelings - at least not after a couple of pints of ale or three. Δεν αγνοεί - κάθε άλλο - ευκαιρίες για νέες κατακτήσεις, αλλά once the castle falls, it's as good to him as a swamp.

6. Describe your mindset and your ambitions or goals; have you discussed them with anyone?
Mindset: There is no bigger thrill than that of a good combat. Tychus is reborn every time his Bastards are drawn. His arms never really feel complete without them. However, he shows no love for bloodbaths, nor does he find joy in the death of others, unless he strongly feels it was deserved (a rather rare case). In the eyes of Tychus, the battle is over once the opponent(s) is kneeling before him - death is nothing more than an occasional unavoidable consequence.

The second best way Tychus can rejoice is alcohol. He'll drink anything, but few things will make him happier than a warm, piss-tasting glass of Ale burning down his throat after a long day of... drinking. His body shows great tolerance against any kind of addiction, but his spirit is not quite that strong. Argoth was there during the time when his trainee developed this passion for drinking. This keeps Tychus in control during missions, although they both know he will have an extra drink if he feels like its perfectly safe for the mission. This has not affected any mission more than a handful of times.

Γενικότερα: The things that seem indifferent to Tychus greatly exceed the things he cares for and the things he hates. He doesn't "get" magic or money, though he admires the first and appreciates the latter. Except for battle or ale, the other thing he adores is personal space. Few people are those who will dare giving him an order, and not end up with his fist in their face.

Goals/Ambitions: Simple. Live a good life. Become a great warrior. And, probably the one and only thing that Tychus admires, desires, envies and seeks: Fame.

7. What else would like to know?
TBC

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorgoroth Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Goals/Ambitions: Simple. Live a good life. Become a great warrior. And, probably the one and only thing that Tychus admires, desires, envies and seeks: Fame.

And the DM thanks you...!

Gorgoroth

Back to top Go down

Post  HohohoPIMP Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Thank "True Neutral"

DM's best Allignment Smile

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty True neutral

Post  Gorgoroth Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm

I need a clear distinction of just and unjust. I need to know your sense of morallity. Tell me what's good, what's bad and where you draw the line...

Gorgoroth

Back to top Go down

Post  HohohoPIMP Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Τέτοιο "Clear" Distinction δεν έχει ούτε ο Tychus. That's the whole point. Αλλά θα σου δώσω κάποια case studies due to his background:

- Hurting his Father/Sister/Mentor/P2 - BAD
- Cold-blooded Murder - BAD
- Death from a fight - Indifferent
- Death from an unfair fight - Indifferent
- Torture - Probably BAD
- Begging for Mercy - Pathetic, but Indifferent
- Complimenting me - Depends on where it comes from - Από Good μέχρι Indifferent
- Butchering Children/Old people/Helpless Women etc. - BAD
- "Some guy" gives him an order to "be proper" or anything like that - Indifferent to BAD
- Argoth gives him an order - Annoying, but I'll do it....

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HohohoPIMP Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Updated first post.

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty Character Build - Feats

Post  HohohoPIMP Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:05 pm

FEATS:

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
Proficient with Bastard (use in one-hand without penalties)

Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
+1 to ATK with Bastard

Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword)
+2 to DMG with Bastard

Two Weapon Fighting
Reduce penalties by for using a weapon in each hand

Over-sized Two Weapon Fighting
Martial/One-Handed weapons count as light in off-hand (for calculating penalties)

Brutal Throw
Use STR instead of DEX for attacks using throwing weapons

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

PC#1 - Tychus Findlay Empty Mount

Post  HohohoPIMP Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 am

Μπορώ να έχω άλογο? Light or Heavy or Warhorse?

Ψήσου να ήρθε μαζί με τα honors of bravery from the king.

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HohohoPIMP Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:29 am

Notes for level-up:

2-Weapon Damage Dealing Build:

- Off-Hand Weapon Expert (QF)
Deal full STR dmg with off-hand weapon instead of half.

- Improved 2-Weapon-Fighting (PH)
One extra ATK with off-hand but with -5 (if DEX=17+ ?)

Me vlepseis gia: Greater Weapon Focus, Improved Critical (Bastard), 2-Weapon Rend...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Damage-Dealing Build:

- Power Attack

- Cleave

Me vlepseis gia: All from "2-Weapon Build" above...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mounted Damage Dealing Build:

- Mounted Combat

- Ride-by Attack

HohohoPIMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: